The old station

The building that now houses the Casino is the former Berck-Plage railway station. The growing influx of holidaymakers led to the construction of a modest building in 1891, which soon became unsuitable. The new building, opened in 1909, was larger and had canopies to protect it from the weather. It played a key role in providing an important link between the coast and the land, not only for tourists but also for local people and goods. Too costly for the town of Berck, the lines were closed in 1955. The train was replaced by the bus (now the bus station, behind the Casino).

The train, known as "le tortillard" because of the winding route, travelled slowly (no more than 30 km/h) and its tracks were often covered in sand. Accidents are frequent.